Thursday, June 18, 2009

On My Way!!! AND HERE!

5:32 PM MST: So I decided I would do some good blogging!! I got this idea from my old home teacher who is currently in Ireland. I am going to write when I can and publish when I have internet access. I am in the SLC airport, and when I went to put in my headphones, I found out that I am missing one of the comfort pieces…not going to work. So I need to buy a new pair. Headphones are an essential part of flying, especially since I sleep while listening to music. And if my headphones won’t stay in, I cannot sleep. Oh well. My flight doesn’t leave until 7:05 PM, so I’ve got some time to kill. I fly to SFO, arriving around 8:15 MST, 7:15 PST. My flight to China doesn’t leave until 1:20 AM PST…good thing I slept in till noon =]

Anyway. I’ll end here and write some more when I get to SFO!!

 

11:38 PM PST: So I’ve been in SFO for a while. I arrived around 8:30, go to check in around 9:15, but there was a line, and no one helping us. So I decided I did not want to just stand in a line, so I went and sat down. I got in line around 9:30 and was on my way by 9:45. I had checked two bags in SLC, and had a carry-on suitcase, a backpack and a tube with a painting in it. They made me check the painting. I told them I already had checked two bags and didn’t want to pay for a third bag. They said that since I was only going to Hong Kong they wouldn’t charge me. Good thing. I changed some money (they charge 8 bucks to change the money for you!!! geez!) and then went through security. It was way crazy, almost crazier than LAX, which is hard to believe. My gate was, of course, the last one. I stopped and got an expensive bottle of water and a new pair of headphones so I could listen to my music. They are not as good as my other ones but oh well. I have now been sitting for about an hour and still have an hour before they board. I was playing my Sims game, but it was getting boring…but luckily I have my phone so I can go on the internet. And since I had money that I still needed to use on my phone, its all good. Hopefully my phone still works when I get back!! I’m supposed to put money on it every thirty days, but I’ll be gone longer than 30 days. Oh well. We’ll see what happens with it when I come back! We’ll when I post next, I’ll be in China!!!! I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!

Monday May 4th, 10:33 AM China Time: SO I have arrived!! Thats about all I’m gonna say right now as I’m going shopping!!!!

 

I promise to update for all of you who are not with me =] Which is…everyone…pretty much =]

 

 

Love from China! Andrea

No comments: