Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Waiting isn't fun

No, waiting certainly isn't fun.

So the process for how mission calls are made is: Thursdays, prospective missionaries pictures are shown on a screen and, through revelation, mission assignments are made! Fridays, calls are written up and mission packets prepared and ready to be sent. Mondays the calls are sent out! Wednesdays (if you are in Utah...and probably all the US) calls are received!

So my papers were sent in on Wednesday, and there was a chance my call would be assigned the next day, but that didn't happen (I know this because my bishop is able (somehow) to see when my assignment has been made), and so I know I won't be receiving my mission call tomorrow. But that's ok; I will know on Friday if it will be coming next Wednesday! Which it probably will be! Some people have said they can't believe how quick it will come, but others don't know how the anticipation isn't killing me. I just say, I'm grateful I only have to wait 2 or 3 weeks. One friend had to wait 6 weeks, another 2 1/2 months, and back before any of it was electronic, people were waiting 3 or more months! So I'm just counting my blessings that I don't have to wait all that long =]

1 comment:

Becky said...

It's true, you don't have long to wait at all. But, still so exciting and makes ya anxious! Can't wait to find out myself.