Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday at the Y

So today was church. Which I mentioned in my last post. But what I didn't mention (because it hadn't happened) was that I went tunnel singing!!!! As you all should know, I love to sing. And I didn't sign up for choir here at BYU, which made me sad. But somehow we did discover that there was a thing called tunnel singing where people from all over campus get together and sing hymns for an hour in a tunnel by the Marriot center. I had totally forgot about it till one of my friend mentioned that she was going and I was like...I totally want to go!!! So we got this huge group together (which was amazing) and were afraid no one else would be there because, get this....it was POURING RAIN!!! AND COLD!!! IT WAS LIKE IT WAS WINTER, BUT IT IS/WAS STILL AUGUST!!! Anyway. So we start walking there, not expecting a lot of people, and we were still like 2 mins away and we could hear the singing!!!!!!! It was incredible. This tunnel is about 50 ft long and 25 feet wide and it.was.packed! The singing was incredible and there were all different parts, and the best thing...they were all hymns! I just love singing hymns in a big group, and so to have that many people who all believe the same thing I do, singing songs that have so much meaning to them, all together, outside, in a tunnel, in the rain was just incredible to me. So that will definitely be something that I will be doing every.single.sunday. For sure. And we know they sing in the snow and rain and everything else. And everyone just huddles together around song books and it is just amazing.

I just had to post this before I forget all about this.


I was also told today when I was picked up my my cousins and their friend that I should go home and journal about where I think I'll be in 10 years because one of them was at BYU 10 years ago and she is no where where she thought she would be.

So, in 10 years I for sure hope that I will have been happily married in the temple, hopefully have a child or two...or more; have a degree in photography and be doing something with it (but just taking pics of my kids would suficith too); I wouldn't mind still living in Utah, but I would love to be living on the East coast; maybe own a house, but probably not yet. Yeah. I hope that's where I'll be in 10 years.


love.andrea.

4 comments:

Jill said...

tunnel singing! I did that too. I can't believe it's still going on. what a neat thing though. I loved it.

Kathy said...

What a great memorable first Sunday for you at BYU! My first Sunday of Fall semester as a Freshman (I was there during the summer so I can't say my first Sunday at BYU) but my first for Fall semester - I passed out in Sunday school. Yes - very memorable. Aunt Kathy

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

...oh yes, tunnel singing...you are a freshman! :)

Melinda said...

Ah, tunnel-singing, a BYU rite-of-passage! That sounds like a really neat experience, with the rain and all!