Thursday, September 11, 2008

More Random Connections!

Ok, so I have a lot to post about, and I'm planning on posting tomorrow after work.

But I did need to post this before I forget! Not that I will.

So as most of you know, I'm in Freshman Academy, and with that, I have a peer mentor. Her name is Mollie Dickerson, and she is from Conneticut. So we all have to meet with our peer mentors to get to know them, and so they can get to know us. So we have been talking for close to 30 minutes when she finally says "So your last name is Busath right?" And I'm like yeah, and props for saying it correctly, because no one ever does (though one of my professors and a TA have said it right because apparently there is a Prof. Busath at BYU). And she was like, yeah, I was asking because my sister got married this summer. So I'm expecting her to say that they used Busath Photography...but instead she says "And she married a Busath" and I was like....what?! So I ask what his name is, and it turns out it is Chad Busath, son of Rick and L-J Busath, who helped me out a lot with one of my projects 2 years ago! I was in complete shock!!! I told her, no way! I totally "know" Chad (though I don't ever recall meeting him, were good Facebook friends" and I was just in complete shock. So it turns out that I am distantly related to my peer mentor by marriage (its her twin sister who married Chad). So anyway, that was more random discoveries that I have found at BYU!

I promise to write all about my first week of classes and what else is going on!!!!


Andrea

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I sent a copy of your blog to Chad's mom. She will get a kick out of this.

Kathy said...

Cool connections! Looks forward to the blog updates.
Love you!

Becky said...

Love you Andrea! Looking forward to more blog updates! I love the tunnel post...I'm so glad you are participating in the greatest aspects of BYU!

The Wells said...

I find that everyone has a connection to a Busath everywhere. That's what happens with great big families. Fun! Fun!

Anonymous said...

Andrea! You've gotta add Arthur and my blog to your page. amyandarthur.blogspot.com