Wednesday, September 24, 2008

School, Work, Church, Social, etc., etc., etc

So it's been a while, but I have honestly been meaning to post for a long while now. As most of you know, college life is super busy! As I have now found out...

So I'll start back on Sep. 3rd when I had my first day of college classes. If I haven't already said, I am taking 12 credits, 5 classes. I have Book of Mormon 121A, Anthropology 101, American Heritage, Biology 100 and University 101 (aka Freshman Seminar). The only day that I have all these classes is Wednesday...which is what Sep. 3rd happened to be. So my first day of college classes was, of course, my busiest day of the week. Anywho. I am thoroghly enjoying all of my classes...for the most part. Today marks my 4th week of college. Seriously, thats crazy! This semseter is going to fly by so fast! I have two mid-terms on Monday, then another mid-term the following week. I have a research proposal and outline due tomorrow for my Biology class and I have lots of community service that I need to do! As for community service, I have to do 8 hours for Biology, 10 for American Heritage, and 2 for University 101. So for Biology I am going with my professor and 14 other students to St. George on October 7-10 to help out with the Senior World Games. We will be doing things such as taking blood pressure, testing glucose levels, testing for osteoperosis, BMI indexing, and testing for glaucoma (spelling?). So I'm super excited! I have always wanted to be a nurse or doctor, but there is just too much schooling for me, so this is really like the short cut way I guess to at least get to perform some of the functions that a nurse would do. So yeah. For American Heritage I am working with a company called ConSource. What they do is transcribe all the Founding documents and put them online for people to use. So I think I will be proofreading the papers. Needless to say I'm super busy!!! Or will be =] I think that's all about school =]

Work: Work has been super busy. At least the last two weeks were. I was working late and coming in early...needless to say I wasn't particularly thrilled. Anywho. I think it was just because we had two home football games in a row, which made for lots of busy days. This week has been much better. So hopefully it will stay not too busy, otherwise I might have to quit just because it is taking too much of my homework/study time out.

Church: So church has been going well. I got a calling! I am in charge of making the programs/bulletins for Sunday! Its one of the most perfect callings ever! Its much better than teaching =] Which is what my roomate does =] I've continued going to tunnel singing, but a lot of the time people just like to talk, so it's kind of annoying. Oh well. Its still really neat.

So other then those, not much else has been going on. There have been things to do every weekend...namely dances. So me and a bunch of friends have gone to those every weekend.

Oh! And I went to my first BYU football game on Saturday! That was exciting...sort of. We won, which is always good, but we won 44-0...which made for kind of a boring game. I have one pictures...but its still on my camera. But when I get it on my computer I'll post it for everyone to see! It also snowed again on the mountains on Monday, but it only lasted an hour...but I know there will be plenty more to come =]

Hope everyone is doing great!!!!!

Andrea =]

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Yay, a new post. It sounds like you are really busy working hard and having fun, which is what college life is meant to be! I miss those years, enjoy! So, all these service hours, is that a new thing at BYU?

The Wells said...

You sound busy!! Please keep your Biology notes, I may call upon you in a few months for help when I start Biology! and YOu have the one calling I aspire to -- programs/bulletin - you lucky gal!!!

Kathy said...

Wow Andrea - busy, busy. What is with the service hours? Service hours in biology and American Heritage? But that is awesome you have it all figured out already what you're going to do. Love you!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Sounds like you are busy - make sure you are eating right & getting enough sleep - sometimes when we get to busy we neglect ourselves! Can't afford to get sick...wow, I sound like a mother don't I? BTW - I'm missing the China Travelers Blog - who exactly did you pass that torche to?

Sandy said...

Service hours in American Heritage must be new because when I took it 7 years ago I didn't have to do service yours. Who is your anthropology teacher? I took an anthropology class last year with Peter, actually I guess we took an archaeology class from the anthropology department. Oh well. Teacher was Jamie Bartlett.
I am almost done. I am taking stats 221 and then I graduate in December. I had to get a tutor because it is nothing like reading and writing, which is what I majored in. I know all I have to do is get a D- but after all A's that would be a bit hard to take.

Sandy said...

Since we have to log in everytime to get into your blog, there should be some indication for us that you have blogged before we go through the motions. Think about it.