Thursday, October 2, 2008

Exciting Happenings!!!

So a few exciting things have happened!!! So first, on Monday, I was walking through the Wilk and noticed a kind of long line coming out of the bookstore. So I peak in and who do I see?? Kirby Heybourne from The Best Two Years, The RM, and all those other movies! I got kind of excited, but didn't want to look like a dork standing in line to get a picture with him (I didn't even have my camera on me...shame). But then I see my friend and she wanted someone to stand with her so I said I would. Then I called Lily to see if she had her camera because she generally does! And she did! So she brought it to me and I waited a whole hour to say hi and take a picture and get an autograph. He is a pretty funny guy! So we chatted with him for a minute and then took pictures and I got his autograph! It was marvelous! Here are some pictures!


We were singing "Andrea". He was a little on the weird side =]


It goes: Heidi (we met her in line =]) Kirby, Me, Alyssa, and Bonnie. Bonnie is from Taiwan! So she speaks Chinese!

The next exciting news is that I am going to conference! My wonderful Uncle was able to get me tickets for conference!!! Both sessions on Sunday. And guess where I am sitting....on the floor, section 4, which happens to be right in front of the podium and right behind the general authorities...I am beyond stoaked!!!! It is going to be so amazing! My best friend Tessa (from China...she was in grade 12 with me) is going with me and it is going to be astounding!!! I will detail all about it! We can bring cameras...but can't take pictures during conference, obviously. But I will post some pictures of Tessa and I and around the temple grounds since we are just going to chill between sessions!!! Ahhh!!! So excited. I am literally shaking with excitement as I write this!

Anyway.

I also finished 2 midterms. Biology and Book of Mormon. Biology was all multiple choice...I went in thinking I knew it all, took the test thinking I knew it all, came out thinking I did amazing, but I only did ok.

And I have no idea how I did on Book of Mormon. It was all free response, but we get 12 free points (out of 100) since there were 54 questions and he forgot to unbold the correct answer for the 2 mulitple choice questions there were. So 12 free points! That always helps!

Anyway. I need to go write my American Heritage opinion essay! Hooray!. Not really.

And just an FYI: You can subscribe to my blog through Blogger. Go to the bottom where it says: Subscribe to: Posts (atom) and click the "Posts (atom)" and it should send you an email every time I post!

Love! Andrea

5 comments:

Jill said...

that is so cool you saw Kirby Heyborne. I would have stood in line too!

Becky said...

That's cool that you got to see Kirby. I actually looked him up online this week. There are a lot of video and even music videos of him online. I went to his website and a little Kirby walks out and says something like, "Thank you SO much for coming. Really, nothing could be nicer! THank you!"

I love conference! That is cool that you get to go to the conference center. I've been there a few times and it is wonderful!

Love you!

Kathy said...

Andrea! That all is so fun! We're going to watch for you on TV!

Sandy said...

Evidently I don't have rights to get your emails. But, then I am so computer illiterate I may still not know how to do it.

Melinda said...

How exciting to have such great seats for conference. It's amazing to be in the same room with those great men, let alone being just a few rows behind in the audience. I hope you had a great experience.