Tuesday, July 5, 2011

EM:HE Pt 2

So Sunday night, June 26, I decided I wanted to go again and try to get in as a walk-on volunteer. So my friend Drew and I headed up there, but they didn't need us right away, so we hung out in the spectator area for a while, just watching construction, and then about 9:30 PM (we had gone around 8) we went back and they said if we wanted to do landscape and clean up we could go in! So we said sure, anything to get us in. So that night we helped moving sand for pavers, moving the pavers themselves (twice, because the first time, the plywood that they were on was hanging over the edge of the concrete into the driveway, and so they needed it to be moved), and moving gravel to a window well (we left before that project was done, and boy was it going to be a huge project!). So not quite as exciting as the first night, but definitely still great!

A fun experience that I had while we were waiting in the spectator area: As Drew and I were walking to the spectator area, I walked past a little girl and did a double take because I knew who she was! I looked at the other kids in the family and realized I knew exactly who they were! I read their blog!!! They are an LDS family who have adopted 5 special needs kids from China (in addition to their 3 biological children). So of course I had to stop and say hi and introduce myself! I was beyond myself that I got to meet them, as I very much love reading their blog and love that they have adopted from China. You too can follow them at: kidjunkies.blogspot.com I absolutely loved meeting Jeremy and Christi and all their kids!! Thanks guys for letting me meet your beautiful and wonderful kids!

No comments: