Tuesday, July 5, 2011

EM:HE Pt 4 - The Reveal!

This was by far my favorite day! As the morning started, I didn't know if I would be able to go to the revel, as I had to work that morning, but I was able to go! They were supposed to reveal the house at 2 PM, but after having been onsite as much as I had, I knew it would be later. I was there by 2 PM and there were so many people there, probably more than 1500! But because there were so many people, I wasn't able to get up front =[ But I was close enough to get video of the reveal! The area right behind where they were going to be standing was packed with people, but that was ok, because I wanted to be where I could see their faces. I really didn't care all that much about being on TV. I wanted to be there to see them, and see how thrilled they were to be getting their new house. That is why I was there.

I have to say: there were several mothers there who I was very unhappy with. Many of them were there with their young children, who were exhausted, dehydrated and wanted to go home. But these mothers wanted to stay, and so they just let their children cry and be hot and unhappy. It was close to 100 that day, and there was no shade, and those poor children were just so hot! There were several times I wanted to tell the mothers to leave and take their poor children home. I also wasn't happy that strollers and wagons were allowed in the crowed, because it just too up space that other people could have been standing in.

Anyways.

Before the family came, they did the taping of us saying the three magic words: Move That Bus! That was so neat to be a part of! Then the family came in the limo, a few times, while they did some taping of it, and then finally, the family got out of the limo! They did the customary thank you's and such, and then it was the big moment! Ty finally said, MOVE THAT BUS! And off it went! It was such a neat experience to witness first hand the reaction of the family. I was very glad to know that they only move the bus once, and so the reaction you see on the faces of the family are genuine and true. And I'm so glad that I have video of it (crappy, yet still wonderful) and to know that I was a part of their dream coming true, there is nothing to describe that feeling! It is something I will remember for the rest of my life.

As soon as the family went inside, 3/4 of the people left. I knew that the family was going to have to come out of the house (either via front door or laundry door) to go see the guest house, so I positioned myself to be there when they did. And before long, out they came! I got some great shots of Ty and the family and again, being able to see their genuine, true reactions was priceless.

So, while I never officially got to meet any of the designers, no matter how much I really wanted, my week with EM:HE was fulfilled because I got to do the most important thing; build a house for the Gomez family!

1 comment:

Becky said...

What a cool experience! I'm glad you had such a good and fulfilling time. Can't wait to see the pictures you took!