Friday, December 4, 2009

Couponing!

So my cousin Jennifer started doing this new Grocery Savers program and tonight she held a class so we could learn all about it. I went with an open mind, but wasn't too interested but I figured, what the heck. Oh my goodness, I am so excited to be doing this!! It is so much easier then the "binder" method, and pretty much all the work is done for you. You go to a website and it has all the local ads (Smiths, Macy's, etc) all ready for you to look at. You collect the coupons from the Sunday newspapers and put them in file folders till you need them. No cutting and sorting and such. On the website, it tells you what date you can find the coupons in and how much it will be after all the savings. She showed us how much she has spent and saved...its crazy! Like she would spend $100 and would save $250! Crazy!!! I know I don't have a lot to spend since its just me that I'm shopping for, but its a good habit to get into for sure. And if I can get to the point where its no big deal, then all will be well.

And the best part??

Its free...well almost. You have to pay $15.55 a month for the newspaper...I get three every Sunday for that price (the cheapest way was to buy 3 so I did).

I'm really excited so hopefully I can start saving some mula!!

Today was also the last Friday of classes so I'm pretty excited for that too!! So only 4 more days of classes then free!!! Well. Then finals. Then free!!! Sort of. I am working a lot over Christmas break, but thats ok. I'll just read =]]

Hope everyone has a good day!

-Andrea

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Good luck with your couponing. I think your cousins have good ideas as well - websites they visit. You are all very wise women. The ward party sounded like fun - and your after party activity. How fun to have those ornaments and tell the story as you put them on the tree. What a fun idea.