Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Decade in Review

So you know how, at the end of the year, or decade, lots of newspapers and such post "The Best ... of the Decade/Year", I thought it would be neat to do one of those. So here I go.

10 Biggest Events of the Decade (in my life) that I am not soon to forget (Not necessarily in any particular order):
1. Moving to China
2. My Aunt Janice and Grandpa Alan passed away
3. I started middle school, 2 high schools and college.
4. I some how made it into BYU
5. I finally decided what I want to be when I "grow up" (this is the one question you are asked your whole life, so finally deciding is pretty exciting!)
6. I got to visit New Zealand, the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and lots of places in China.
7. I took a tour of the East Coast
8. I started babysitting and nannying, which spurred a life-long love of kids =]
9. I got to visit Hawaii
10. September 11: I was luckily not affected directly, but it is one world-wide even that I won't soon forget.

Top World Events that stick out in my mind:
-September 11
-Fighting in Xin Jiang, China (this is really significant to me because I visited here before the most recent fighting, and it was my favorite trip)
-Disappearance/Murder of Laci Peterson
-Kidnapping of Elizabeth Smart (and her subsequent finding)
-Disappearance of Susan Powell
-Crash of AirFrance Flight 447 that disappeared over the ocean
-Tsunami in Southeast Asia
-Hurricanes that devastated the South

Top Movies I have seen (and this probably isn't a comprehensive list since I've seen so many!)
-Angels and Demons
-Twilight/New Moon
-Poseidon
-The Secret Life of Bees
-Enchanted
-Juno
-(I know there are more!)

Ok. I'm going to stop here and think more, and come up with more lists =]

2 comments:

Kathy said...

It's been quite a decade for you!

Becky said...

It has been quite a decade for you! Lots of travel too!

I loved reading your blog so much...I hope you keep it up.