Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ward Christmas Party

I almost forgot to blog today!!

We had our Ward Christmas party tonight. Two girls in our ward are from Springville, and their family cooks food, and they have some mexican in them. So when I found they were cooking dinner for us, I was desperately hoping it would be Mexican food, and it was!! And it was soooooooo good!! So we ate, the activities committee put on a skit to How the Grinch Stole Christmas, there was a musical number, then the Bishop read us a story. It was all fun. But the best part was I got to hold a baby for most of it. Our second counselor has a 6 month old baby, Owen, and our counselor's wife and the baby come to our ward, since its just the 3 of them. So they were at the activity and I got to hang out with Owen for most of the activity which was great, since I don't get much interaction with babies anymore,a nd you all know how much I love babies/kids. So that was way awesome.

We were supposed to have a white elephant exchange, and my roomate Michelle had gotten something for it, but she wanted to keep it more than anything, so we brought it home. We all opened it together, and it was A Christmas Story Ornaments. They are so fun!! Lily has never seen the movie, so each of the ornaments had a picture on it, so we told her that story and put them on the tree. It was a lot of fun!! I'll post those pictures tomorrow.

Were getting really excited for our Christmas Dessert party, and I'll for sure post pictures of that when we have it.

And one of my aunts asked me if I had found a travelling companion yet for my Europe trip, and I haven't. I asked one of my best friends if she was interested, but I haven't heard from her yet. So I'm still looking, but I really like the idea of going alone. So we'll see what happens.

Hope everyone had a great day!!

-Andrea

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I don't like the idea of you going alone. I bet your parents don't like the idea of you going alone. Its it going to be a planned tour with a company. That would work.